Howell’s audit services produce proven financial savings, verify accuracy of carrier records by identifying ineligible plan participants and ensure carrier or third party claim payment accuracy.
Claim Audit (Self-Funded Only)
- Identify measurable cost savings.
- Confirm payment and records accuracy.
- Ensure systems and processes are in plan that will optimize claim paying performance.
- Fulfill due diligence and fiduciary responsibility.
- Identify human misinterpretation of plan language.
- Enhance administrator’s understanding of the plan.
- Confirm internal administrator policies do not prevail of plan language.
- Create a sentinel effect.
Dependent Eligibility Audit
- Decrease overall health care costs.
- Save administration time and money.
- Realize immediate measurable results.
- Ensure plan participant understanding of eligibility requirements.
- Improve the renewal process with accurate enrollment records, documentation and communications.
- Identify anywhere from 2-10% of dependents who are ineligible.
- Reduce compliance risk under Sarbanes-Oxley, ERISA and DOL